Go back to normal view
It is not what happens in the Life groups that is important, it is what the meetings enable to happen outside the group. The structure is usually based around the 'Four Ws' - Welcome, Worship, Word and Works. Different group members - including children if present - may lead any or all of the sections. Some groups vary the order of the sections. It is helpful to think of each as containing reflection, activity and response:
Welcome: This involves getting to know one another. It usually includes chat about the past week (reflection), an 'ice-breaker' question to get people talking (activity); and it may include prayer or ministry if appropriate (response). It may include a meal or a cup of tea.
Worship: We focus on God, celebrating what he has done and is doing. We do not attempt to imitate Sunday worship, but we use material appropriate for small groups.
Word: We apply the Bible to everyday life and help one another to put it into practice. It could be reflecting on the Sunday message. The activity is teaching and application: finding out what God is saying, and what difference that makes in our lives.
Works: We think about what we do outside the group, especially about the commands to love our neighbours and to make disciples. We reflect on what we've done in the past and try to learn from it, and for our activity we plan for the future or share one another's plans for individual witness and our progress or lack of it. We respond in prayer.
● Evergreens: Nina Cecil Thursday 10.30am
● Newark: Keith and Sarah Prothero Wednesday 7.30pm
● Church Warsop Daytime: Lesley Dannatt Thursday 9.30am
● Church Warsop Evening: Liz Phillips Thursday 7.00pm
● Acts of Kindness: Beverley Whitworth Thursday 7.30pm
● Antioch Group: Mark Dannatt Thursday 7.30pm
● Ignite: Liz Phillips Thursday 5.30pm
● Abundant Life: Jacqueline Depass Friday 9.30am
● Connect: Mike Phillips (Various)